Robert Mueller’s investigation has taken several different paths including obstruction of justice, financial crimes, and treason against the United States…allegedly, of course. Mueller is currently going after a direct interview with Trump in regards to the obstruction, but if we know anything about Robert Mueller, we know he’s much further into the investigation than we may think.
Trump’s legal team would be more into this idea if they knew exactly what they were signing up for, but that’s not Mueller’s style. When they asked for the questions in advance, Mueller did cooperate by sending over a list of them. Now all 48 have been leaked to the New York Times and most of them have to do with obstruction of justice, but there are some other little nuggets buried in there that are likely lost on Donald Trump. The questions we are talking about carry a treasonous theme.
Mueller is looking for explanation into what Trump knew about Manafort’s attempt to conspire with the Russian government. He wants Trump to explain what he knew about Kushner’s actions during the transition period and other items like that.
Here are the questions from Mueller that have a treason theme and/or conspiracy against the United States:
- During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs and Russian government officials?
- What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign?
- What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Mr. Putin? Did you discuss it with others?
- What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions?
- What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?
- During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign?
- What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?
- What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?
- What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner’s efforts?
- What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Erik Prince?
- What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Mr. Cohen in 2017?
It’s evident Mueller is tracking all avenues of suspicion in this circle of events and people. ALl of the things we have spent over year wanting Robert Mueller to investigate, he is. If we can see that, then Trump’s lawyers (what’s left of them) do as well, so we don’t expect that interview to be taking place anytime soon.